This is a follow-up to my post on writing as a dialogue, which you can read here.
- Start posting on Twitter (or other social media) as if you’re messaging a friend. Try replying to others and starting conversations
- Blog – not for publicity or social traction, but simply as a way of writing longer form material to an unknown audience
- Journal or diary – write to your future self or your descendants
- Write a letter to your imagined ideal reader, or write your ideal fan letter back to yourself as the author
- Go back to your favourite books – fiction and non-fiction. Can you notice any indicators of the author writing to their one ideal reader?